If you were hired before Dec 31, 1983 you are more than likely a Civil Service employee. There are many aspects of being a CSRS employee that you need to be aware of and that we would like to help you understand.
- How to keep your federal health insurance in place through retirement not only for you, but for your surviving spouse as well.
- How to determine your “RSCD- Retirement Service Computation Date”. Getting this number wrong can mean you are not eligible to retire and it will take OPM up to 6 months to catch the error. If you were not eligible- you have to go back to work (this has actually happened to hundreds of employees).
- Military time- should you buy it back and if so how much will it cost you?
- Temporary time- will it count towards retirement and if so, how much?
- Voluntary Contribution accounts- how to manage those monies in order to reduce taxes.
- How much of a survivor’s annuity should you leave to your spouse, and is the government annuity the best way to go.
- How to maximize your TSP funds in retirement and lowering taxes.