Federal Employee Retirement Services whole purpose is to serve the Federal and Postal Employee. Our goal is to be your HR department outside the government. Many federal employees are not happy with the consolidation that is taking place in the Government Human Resources department. The one on one face-to-face interaction that has always been there will be no more. Most people would prefer a face-to-face meeting when dealing with delicate issues such as retirement.
Each and every employee of Federal Employee Retirement Services has been trained to understand the different aspects of your benefits. In the event they do not have the answer, they have phone numbers to people within OPM that can give us the answers much faster than if you were to use the normal process.
Our services are specific to the benefits you receive from the Federal Government. We do not serve any other market so it does not serve us to learn multiple products and markets that our federal employee will not need.
Some of the areas in which we help our clients include:
- FEGLI coverage replacement
- Long Term Care Insurance
- TSP Rollovers into Fixed accounts with guarantees of principal.
- Tax favored savings accounts
- Survivor Benefit analysis- should you elect the benefit and if so how much?
- Tax situations: Any money put in the TSP will be taxed, do you know how much?
- Federal Employee health Coverage: Who is covered and for how long?
- Determining your creditable service with the government if you have prior military or service with
- another government agency.
- Helping you fill out your retirement paperwork (a 21-page document!)
To sum it up, our sole purpose is to assist you in making the right decisions regarding your federal benefits. The government does a poor job at telling you what your benefits are and how they work. The unfortunate thing is you have to pay the price for their lack of education. We would like to help you understand everything there is to know, and avoid some of the unpleasant surprises that can come from not knowing your benefits.